Nagoba Jatara is a tribal festival held in Keslapur village, Inderavelly Mandal Adilabad district, Telangana, India. It is the second biggest tribal carnival and celebrated by Mesaram clan of Gond tribes for 10 days. The Nagoba Jatara starts in pushya masam in every year .
The Mesram community persons of Keslapur village in Indervelli mandal will collect the holy Godavari water 10 days before to reache the Indradevi temple in the mandal an they will performe special puja as per their traditions.
Then after walked to Keslapur, where the Nagoba temple is located, holding the water form River Godavari. They will stay under a Banyan tree and also performs special puja at the spot. These devotees stays under the tree for two days. The Nagoba Jatara begins with a maha puja to Nagoba who is treated as god by the tribals belonging to the Mesram community.
The darbar will be held during the jathara, which will be attended by the officials of the district administration. Tribal grievances will be given a hearing and solutions will be provided wherever feasible.
Thousands of Tribal people from Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Karnataka, jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh belonging to the Mesaram clan offer prayers at the festival Nagoba.
The Gusadi Dance performance by dancers from the Gond tribe is a major special attraction of the event.
How to Reach/Distance/Travel Nagoba Jatara:
- To reach Nagoba Jatara from Adilabad district center distance is of 32 km.
- From Vemulawada distance to travel 149 Kms
- From Hyderabad distance to travel 310 kms
- From Karimnagar district distance to travel 183 Kms
- From Warangal district distance to travel 235 Kms
- Hiring of Vehicle (Car, Auto-rickshaw, jeep etc) for pick up /Drop
- Darshan / Arjitha Seva ticket booking Assistance
- Arrangement of Purohitudu (Ayyagaru)or Nayi Brahmana (Barber) or Gold smith for various programes like Kesha kandanam (Mundan), Aksharabyasam etc
- Prasadam Parcel
- R.M.P Doctor On Call
- Bike or 4 wheeler mechanic On Call
- Tasty food - Free room delivery
- Vehicles (Indica, Tavera, Auto, Innova etc) booking for local sight seeing
- Local Sightseing
- Outstation Tours packages(Kondagattu, Dharmapuri, Gudem, Elgandula Khila etc)
|18 SHAKTI PEETAS||Details|
|Nava Dwarka Darshan||Details|
|Char dham by Adi Shankaracharya||Details|
|Pancha Bhoota Lingas||Details|
|Navagraha temples in Tamil Nadu||Details|
|12 Jyotirlinga Temples||Details|