AMARNATH YATRA (YATRA-2017)
About the Holy temple
Amarnath cave is a Hindu shrine located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. The cave is situated at an altitude of 3,888 m (12,756 ft), about 141 km from Srinagar, the capital of Jammu and Kashmir and reached through Pahalgam town and Baltal which is covered with snow most of the year except for a short period of time in summer when it is open for darshan. The cave is about 150 feet high and feet long. The biggest ice formation called as the Amarnath out of four or five ice formations.
Thousands of Hindu devotees make an annual pilgrimage to the Amarnath cave on challenging mountainous terrain to see an ice stalagmite (formation regarded as lord shiva) formed inside the cave in a stipulated time under the security of Indian Army.
Instructions to apply for yatra pass
- This year’s Shri Amarnathji Yatra will commence on 29th June, 2017, via both the routes Baltal and Pahalgam, and conclude on 7th August, 2017 i.e., on Shravan Purnima (Raksha Bandan)
- Advance Registration is compulsory for all intending Pilgrims which starts from 1st March 2017 based on first come first serve basis only at designated bank's branches only.
- Every intending Pilgrim can secure his/ her Yatra Permit from any of the notified Bank Branches (306 of Punjab National Bank, 87 of J&K Bank, and 40 of YES Bank) located in various States/UTs of the country
- The addresses of the notified Bank Branches which have been authorised to provide Registration are available at Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board’s website: shriamarnathjishrine.com
- Nobody shall be allowed to undertake the Yatra without securing a Yatra Permit which is valid for a specified day and route
- One Yatra Permit shall be valid for registering only one Yatri
- Each Registration Branch has been allotted a fixed per day/ per route quota for registering the Yatris. The Registration Branch shall ensure that the number of Yatris registered does not exceed the allotted per day/ per route quota
- No one below the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years and no lady with more than six week’s pregnancy shall be registered for the Yatra
- For Yatra 2017, Compulsory Health Certificate issued only after 10th February, 2017, would be valid for the registration purposes.
- An intending Yatri who wishes to travel by Helicopter will not be required to separately register for the Yatra
- A Yatri who travels by Helicopter will be required to submit the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate at the time of boarding the Helicopter
- Yatris to indicate their mobile number while filling the Yatra Permit Forms
- Banks will guide the intending pilgrims for availing the Group Registration facility being provided by SASB in case the banks are unable to provide registration for want of slots / quota
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATIONDownload Application form and Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC)
- Every yatri has to collect Application form and Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) from the authorized bank's branch (Click here for list) at no cost
- Yatri has to obtain Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) from the authorized Doctors / medical instistutions (Click here for AP / Telangana list. For full list please Official visit website ).
- Fill the Application form and affix passport size photograph to the application
- Submit the filled application form and CHC along with 3 more photographs in designted bank's branch for registration.
- After verification, the Registration Official shall issue YPs bearing BALTAL for Baltal Route and PAHALGAM for the Pahalgam Route. For each day and route, the Registration Officer shall issue Yatra Permits as per colour coding given below:
Colour of Yatra
Colour of Yatra
Permit for Pahalgam
Permit for Baltal
- The specific day on which a pilgrim is registered to undertake the Yatra (i.e., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) has been printed on the Yatra Permit. The day printed on the Yatra Permit is the day on which the Yatri will be allowed to cross the Access Control Gates at Baltal and Chandanwari (Pahalgam)
- In the Yatra Permit Forms, the Yatra year and date of Yatra has not been printed. Therefore, it is mandatory for the issuing Bank Branch to stamp / write the Yatra year and date of Yatra and paste the date and year so written/ stamped with a transparent tape (pasting of transparent tape is important in order to make the date and year of Yatra tamper-proof). However, the stamping of the date, year and Bank branch shall be done only at the time of issuance of the Yatra Permit. In no case, should any Yatra Permit be stamped in advance. This aspect be ensured positively.
- If the Application Form and CHC are in order, the Registration Officer shall issue a YP to the applicant against a payment of Rs 50/- per Yatra Permit (of the aforesaid amount Rs 35/- will be remitted in SASBs account and the remaining amount shall be retained by the Bank)
- The Registration Officer shall affix passport size photographs and fill in the Yatra Permit Form on the spot as per the details mentioned in the Application Form and the CHC. The date of the Yatra be also filled in correctly.
- The Registration Officer shall sign the Yatra Permit and apply the BankBranch Seal on the Yatra Permit in such a way that the Seal is partly imprinted on the photograph of the applicant-Yatri and partly on the YP. However, the stamping of the date, year and Bank branch shall be done only at the time of issuance of the Yatra Permit. In no case, should any Yatra Permit be stamped in advance. This aspect be ensured positively.
Helicopter Service to Amarnath
Pawan Hans Ltd.
New Delhi Office
Contact Number: 011- 24652878
In case booking on the desired date and flight is found to be booked full, the passenger may send their request with their name, address, contact No at the following Email ID for consideration if possible depending upon availability of seats. Email id : Amarnath@pawanhans.co.in Official Website of Pawan Hans Helicopters: http://pawanhans.co.in
Himalayan Heli Services Private Limited 104, 7 L.S.C. Madangir, New Delhi – 110 062 For bookings and queries of Shri Amarnath & Kedarnath ji yatra - E-mail : email@example.com Telephone: +91 11 41649358/59/60 Fax: +91 11 41649357 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Shri Amarnath Yatra 2017 - Helpline
Reception cum Information Centre
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
Help Line Nos: 91-194-2501679 & +91-9469722210
Tele/ Fax : +91-0191-2503399
Email id : email@example.com
- Hiring of Vehicle (Car, Auto-rickshaw, jeep etc) for pick up /Drop
- Darshan / Arjitha Seva ticket booking Assistance
- Arrangement of Purohitudu (Ayyagaru)or Nayi Brahmana (Barber) or Gold smith for various programes like Kesha kandanam (Mundan), Aksharabyasam etc
- Prasadam Parcel
- R.M.P Doctor On Call
- Tasty food - Free room delivery
- Vehicles (Indica, Tavera, Auto, Innova etc) booking for local sight seeing
- Local Sightseing
- Outstation Tours packages(Kondagattu, Dharmapuri, Gudem, Elgandula Khila etc)